We are happy to welcome new members to the Mustang family. From pint-sized preschoolers just beginning their journey in education to transfer students in the upper grades, we say “yá'át'ééh!”
Enrollment for 2021–2022 will open for all schools on Wednesday, July 21.
Online enrollment for Kayenta Unified School District begins July 5, 2021. If you would like to enroll a new student and your child has never attended our district, you can use our new Online Enrollment system and click the link under 'Create a New Account'. Please see the instructions for new MVHS parents/guardians.
If you would like to enroll a new student and your child has previous Kayenta Unified School District enrollment history, log into your existing ParentVUE account. For more information about enrolling your existing student, please view our step-by-step instructions.
If you would like to update your student's record, including mailing address changes, phone/cell number changes, and authorized/emergency contact information, please log into your existing ParentVUE account.
If you need an activation key to activate your ParentVUE account, need additional assistance with your ParentVUE account, or have any enrollment questions, please call (928) 697-2106/2023/2024 and/or email Shannon Young or SynergySupport.
As part of the state public school system, KUSD schools strictly adhere to all state rules and regulations. To enroll your child at one of our schools, please gather the following documents, and then stop by our office to complete a registration packet:
- Official birth certificate
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Proof of physical address [ex: NTUA bill]
- Completed physical form [Required for all new students and students participating in extracurricular activities. We only accept forms completed by a general/pediatric/family medical doctor. We will not accept the form from chiropractic offices.]
- Certificate of Indian Blood [if applicable]
- Legal court guardianship documentation [if applicable]
- Special power of attorney delegating powers of parent or legal guardian [if applicable]
We will supply a registration packet when you arrive at the office. The packet requires you to provide information including:
- Address and phone number
- Parents'/guardians' names
- Emergency contact information
- Student medical information
- Arizona residency verification
Shonna Grandson ABC Preschool Registration: Grades PS–KG
Rosenda Slivers KES Registration: Grades 1–4
Lena Young KES Registration: Grades K-4
Deonna Dayzie KMS Registration: Grades 5-8
Cassandra Parrish KMS Registration: Grades 5-8
Shannon Young MVHS Registration: Grades 9-12
Sharon Yazzie District Support
We comply with the AZ state law requiring immunization of all children attending school.
Some exemptions do apply; however, in the event of an outbreak, we must exclude unvaccinated students from school. If required, please complete an exemption form, which is available in the office.