Kayenta Unified School District
Kayenta Unified School District No. 27 is located in the Navajo Nation of Arizona. We are a people who take great pride in our heritage. It is our privilege and honor to be in the position to accompany our children on their journey to great heights and solid futures. As you learn about us, we know you’ll catch our enthusiasm and appreciate our awe-inspiring past, present, and future. We know that by working together, we accomplish great things!
Message from the Superintendent
The Kayenta Unified School District No. 27 has recently worked with staff, students, and parents to begin the work of developing district value statements and belief statements. The district also worked to enhance the district mission statement and reviewed the district vision statement. I have included the statements below for your review.
- Respect - we build healthy relationships through Ké and acceptance among all students, teachers, staff, parents, and community.
- Responsibility – we maintain high academic expectations and commitment to empower all students to develop grit, independence, and become lifelong learners.
- Trust – we exemplify integrity and ethics to promote teamwork within a safe learning environment.
- Empathy and Patience - We empathize and exercise patience, which results in the happiness of all students, parents, and community.
- Communication and Innovation - we consistently exchange information with students, parents, community, and staff to embrace innovation.
- As a district we have a common goal of shared responsibility among students, parents, staff, and community to ensure student achievement.
- The responsibility shall be shared for building strong relationships, educational foundations, and supportive environments for all stakeholders.
- Our school system is accountable to our community.
- Open, honest, and transparent communication fosters credibility, mutual understanding, and trust.
- Our students, staff, and all stakeholders deserve respect.
- All students are capable of learning.
&hoo’aah Bidad44t’7’7g77 - T’áá hó ájít’éego éí Iiná yá’át’éehígíí nízhdidooléél nitsáhákees nahat’á, íhoo’aah ahilká’ana’alwo Nihá daniidzin Halle bee Iiná nididiilyéél
Mission Statement - It is up to us to develop and strive for a good/successful life for ourselves to move forward by means of thinking, planning, learning, and helping each other/working together. Through persistence, we will strive (hope) to acquire knowledge to succeed (achieve) in life. This is what we want for you.
Excellence. Every Student, Every Day.
Excellence through Lifelong Learning. Every Student, Every Day.
Excellence and Growth. Every Student, Every Day.
The district would like to hear your comments and input regarding the work that has been completed. The work is in draft form and has not been formalized. The goal is to have the value statements, belief statements, mission statement, and vision statement to be finalized and board approved for school year 2020–2021.
Please send feedback to us by email or provide written comments to your school principal regarding the district value statements, belief statements, mission statement, and vision statement.
Thank you for your input.
Lemual B. Adson
Lemual B. Adson