Monument Valley High School got its start in 1940 when it housed 26 students in a one-room schoolhouse near the trading post. Today, the school serves about 700 students.
Student safety is our top priority because students who feel safe are more successful in class. We continue to listen to the research to ensure our campus is secure, as we provide the coursework our students need to be responsible and productive members of society.
The purpose of our school is to graduate students in four years who are literate, informed individuals capable of making effective decisions about their lives.
Our philosophy is that given adequate time and appropriate teaching strategies, all children will achieve.
Kayenta Unified School District #27: Vision Statement, Belief Statements, and Core Values
- Excellence. Every Student, Every Day.
- We believe: As a district, we have a common goal of shared responsibility among students, parents, staff, and the community to ensure student achievement.
- We shall share the responsibility for building strong relationships, educational foundations, and supportive environments for all stakeholders.
- Our school system is accountable to our community.
- Open, honest, and transparent communication fosters credibility, mutual understanding, and trust.
- Our students, staff, and all stakeholders deserve respect.
- All students are capable of learning.
- Respect - we build healthy relationships through Ké and acceptance among all students, teachers, staff, parents, and the community.
- Responsibility - we maintain high academic expectations and commitment to empowering all students to develop grit, independence, and become lifelong learners.
- Trust - we exemplify integrity and ethics to promote teamwork within a safe learning environment.
- Empathy and patience - we empathize and exercise patience, which results in the happiness of all students, parents, and the community.
- Communication and innovation? we consistently exchange information with students, parents, the community, and staff to embrace innovation.
District Mission & Belief Statement
Tódínéeshzhee’ Ólta’gi Óhoo’aah Bindii’éí
Kayenta Unified School District Mission Statement
T’áá hóájít’éego éí iiná yá’át’éhígíí nízhdidooléél.
It is the individual’s responsibility to attain a successful life.
Nitsáhákees, nahat’á, óhoo’aah, ahílkáanááwo’.
Thinking, planning, learning, working together.
Nihá daniidzin; halee bee iiná nídidiilyéél.
This is what we want for you; through guidance, we will get there together.