The Arizona state school tax credit program is something we can all get behind! We win, and you win when 100% of your donation goes directly to the school and program of your choice.
What is it?
Arizona Law (ARS 43-1089.01) allows married couples filing jointly a tax credit of up to $400 and individual taxpayers a tax credit of up to $200 when they contribute to extracurricular activities in public schools.
Your contribution goes directly to our school, and we can even apply the funds to the activity of your choice. Your donations support extracurricular student activities not provided for under Arizona school budget parameters.
Who can Contribute?
This tax credit is available to all who reside in Arizona and have a tax liability at least equal to the amount of their donation. You do not have to be a parent of a child in our school district to benefit from this law.
Corporations are not eligible to contribute.
How do I Receive My Tax Credit?
To make a contribution and receive the tax credit, please take the following steps:
- Complete the Arizona tax credit contribution form (also available in our office). Designate Kayenta USD as the recipient and which department/activity your donation should be used for. If you do not have a preference, you may indicate “as needed.”
- Attach your check made payable to Kayenta USD.
- Drop off or mail your contribution to:
U.S. Highway 163/Monument Valley Blvd.
P.O. Box 337
Kayenta, Arizona 86033-0337
- We’ll mail you a receipt for tax reporting purposes.
- For more information, or for forms required when filing your own tax return, visit the State of Arizona Department of Revenue School Tax Credit web page.