Our goal is to create efficient and accurate financial services for our district administrators, governing board, vendors, and the community. We are here to assist and manage all matters relating to budgeting, accounting and fiscal reporting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, housing, facility rental, and receiving warehouse.
Please allow us to help you with any of your district financial questions.
The Annual Financial Report (AFR) is a report of expenditures made and revenues received for the School Year beginning July 1 and ending June 30 of the following year. The report is put together by our Business Department and approved by the Governing Board. You are welcome to view it on the Arizona Department of Education website's Information and Financial Services page. Be sure to select Kayenta Unified School District in the drop down menu to view the appropriate report.
We welcome the interest and participation of all vendors seeking contracts with Kayenta Unified School District. We will also keep vendors informed by posting current Bids/RFPs on our website as they become available.
Welcome! As a vendor of Kayenta Unified School District No. 27, we look forward to working with your company. Please allow us this opportunity to emphasize some of Kayenta Unified School District policies regarding purchases from your company.
- An authorized pre-numbered purchase order, which may be a signed hard copy or a signed faxed copy, is required before you provide any goods or services to Kayenta Unified School District. To verify a purchase order, call our Purchasing Section at (928) 697-2010. Vendors that accept orders placed under a district employee’s name or a purchase requisition number are doing so at their own risk, and payment on such orders will not be guaranteed.
- District purchase order numbers must appear on all correspondence; including invoices, packing slips and address labels. If goods are shipped by a third party, please notify your shipper of the applicable purchase order number. This will help us expedite payment to you.
- Your current “remit to” address must be on your invoice. It is the vendor’s responsibility to keep the District informed of current mailing addresses and status of company operations. If you wish to be placed on our bidders file, a vendor application must be on file with the Business Office – Purchasing Section. The file is purged annually of inactive vendor files. A vendor application may be obtained by calling the Purchasing Specialist at (928) 697-2010 or can be downloaded on the Kayenta Unified School District website.
- Except for the items listed below, we are not tax-exempt. Therefore, your invoice should reflect sales taxes. A purchase order will reflect tax for all vendors, even if the vendor is out of state and does not remit back to Arizona.
- Diesel fuel (include Navajo Nation sales tax only)
- Items purchased for resale
- Library media material (in and out of state)
- Food products for student use
Thank you for your support in educating the students of Kayenta Unified School District. Together, we can make the school year a success. If you have any questions, please direct your calls to Purchasing.